Happy 2006!!
I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I kind of thought I was going to vanish for a while. Not going to work for a week was GLORIOUS and I LOVED it. But here I am, back again. It's not bad at all really. I just wish I was a little more awake.
Olivia left me a comment on the last post about the police officer who cannot get her benefits to extend to her lover/life partner once she dies of cancer, and she said someone should start an online petition. I agree. I don't know if I'm the one to do it, and if I am, I know I'll need some help. I'll be back later with a post about this.
I am now 12 weeks pregnant. I'm very happy about it, and I'm still feeling relatively good. Only the 2 episodes of Extreme Nausea so far.
But what's making me really sad are the stories I'm hearing. There's a girl I work with who got pregnant before I did. She was due in June, a month before me. She lost the baby during our break. There's another girl I really like who I spent the office holiday party with. She has an 8 year old daughter, and had gotten pregnant with twins. She was due in May, and I just found out that she lost the babies. Finally, my sister told me about a girl she works with. She has 3 children and is carrying her fourth. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has to be induced a month early so that she can begin treatment.
I feel so scared, and fortunate, and hopeful and sorry for everyone at the same time. When I had my bleeding episode, I was so afraid. It was a desperate kind of fear that I never thought I'd have regarding being pregnant. You become so attached to this little beauty growing inside you. You fall in love with this odd little stranger. I can't imagine what these poor women are going through.
I really hope my pregnancy will go fine.
I'll talk to you more later on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment